Sat Nam, Campers.
Here we are on Week Four. The journey continues as we walk this path together to unlock our inner, greatest potential and open to all that awaits us.
Be gentle with yourself today.
The Kriya for the heart may very well bring up emotions. If so, good. This is the healing.
Treat yourself like a flower. Love yourself.
Honor yourself for showing up and placing importance on your personal growth and evolution.
Have patience and be curious.
So much love to you all, beautiful human beings.
Week 4 Morning Class Notes
We want to open, clear, activate, and stabilize prana in the body.
Today the focus was on the heart center.
The heart is the key to emotional healing.
The heart is the center of compassion – the essence of self.
When we sense the broader reality of who we truly are, all possibilities will open to us.
When we raise our vibration and live with a higher frequency we will attract people and opportunities of like frequency.
We become a magnet for that which is meant for us.
Watch the habit of negative thinking.
Train in positivity.
The world needs our bright lights to shine.
The world needs us women to come into our power.
Week 4 Afternoon Class Notes
A brief discussion of Ayurvedic’s view of nutrition which is based on the six tastes.
Remember, it’s the qualities we look at.
(Find the handout on tastes on my website resource page.) https://ayurvedayogacenter.com/resources/
(The topics we discussed were not in detail. I provided a sampling of suggestions.)
Discussed some of the best foods to calm Vata such as:
- Dates, pistachios, ghee, soaked nuts, pumpkin, winter squashes
- If need low glycemic foods cook in Vata way: Warm, moist, cooked
Discussed foods for adrenal fatigue such as:
- Coconut, avocado, fatty fish, chicken or turkey, pumpkin, chia seeds, flax seeds
- Ashwagandha, tulsi, magnesium, B 12, C, D3, zinc
- (Also good for Vata)
Discussed digestive aids:
- Fennel, (number 1 remedy for gas), coriander, cumin, cardamom, cinnamon, bl. pepper
- For constipation, gas, bloating: asafoetida (Hing)
- Early light dinner
- Bed by 10:00pm
- Limit screen exposure 1-2 hours before bed.
- Warm milk with pinch of nutmeg
- Deep Rest by Maharishi Ayurveda for middle of night awakenings.
- Oil feet and then place socks on.