Ayurvedic Skin Care
Radiant Skin Care Clinic for Women
One of my favorite offerings! Fun, Experiential, and Informative! My interest in natural health and healing began with skin care when I was 15 years old. My mother and I made facials using ingredients such as milk, honey, oils, and fruits. I will cover skin care for all ages with an emphasis on 40 years and older.
What will be covered:
- A look at the Ayurvedic perspective on healthy, radiant skin
- Identify your skin type and learn ways to care for it
- The role inflammation plays in all skin challenges and what we can do about it.
- Dietary guidelines and essential nutrients for any skin type
- The top ten foods for glowing skin
- Yoga postures and breathing practices to support healthy skin tissue.
- The importance of good digestion and how to help regulate the digestive fire.
- A discussion of harmful ingredients commonly found in over the counter skin care products.
- Natural alternatives including oils, essential oils, and vitamins.
- Individual preparations and applications of cleansers and facials with ingredients from the kitchen such as milk, honey, lemon, almond flour, oils, and essential oils and more
“Beauty is not in the face. Beauty is a light in the heart.”
“I attended the ‘Radiant Skin Care clinic’ and could not have been more pleased! It was relaxing, fun, and very educational! I learned a great deal about my skin…what certain lines on my face mean in relation to my anatomy, foods to eat and ones to stay away from, skin care tips in general, essential nutrients and herbs, recipes for teas, facials and more! I was able to walk away with a better understanding of my skin and what I need to do to take care of it. Deborah was a wonderful instructor and teacher…kind, passionate, educational and full of suggestions. I would strongly recommend her to anyone!”
-Haley, Skowhegan, Maine