Seasonal Yoga and Ayurveda Camps –
to Restore Strength,Vitality, Balance and Peace
January, April, July, and October
(Please see the schedule page for specific dates schedule )
“If you ever want to be right in your life, bring yourself into balance.
The joy of life, the happiness of life, is in balance.”- Yogi Bhajan
Practical Tools for Balanced Living – Seasonal transitions are an opportune time to clear the debris that has collected over the previous months in the body, mind, and emotions, reboot digestion, calm aggravated energies, calm the mind, and just plain shore ourselves up.
Our संघ sangha; “Spiritual community” will gather each morning and begin our journey inwards to “set our house in order” in preparation for the upcoming months.
We will drink tea each morning, eat kichadi, a staple, easy to digest Ayurvedic dish, tend to our digestive fires with teas, herbs and spices.
We will study together my favorite herbs and spices for the current season, the foods, lifestyles and practices that best support us as well as ways to cleanse the ama, or toxins, from the body, mind, and emotions.
Our Yoga practice will consist of rhythmic movements, held postures, restorative practices and yin poses designed to help ground us while we clear aggravated energies, remove the previous season’s toxic buildup from our tissues,
and move us towards finding balance and joy once again.
Our pranayama, breathing practices, will assist us through this transformation process along with mantras, (chants), mudras, (hand gestures) and meditation.
This week long “retreat” is one of my favorite offerings. This integrated way of teaching with a committed group meeting daily is one of the ways that feeds my spirit the most. For the past 18 years, on Friday, the last day of “Camp” we have been reminded of what being in balance feels like.
We arrived at that place together.
I hope you will join me.
Each season will have its own set of studies and practices covering:
- Yoga postures, breathing practices, mantras, mudras, marmas, and meditation
- A discussion of foods, herbs, spices and bodywork practices
- Dietary and lifestyle recommendations
- Natural remedies to address common ailments associated with the specific season
- Teas served daily, along with herbs and foods
- Handouts including recipes will be provided.
- Workshops – covering a variety of topics including vibrant skin care for women, therapeutics for stress, arthritis, back care, anxiety, depression and more. Offering in Liberty,Belfast, and Camden, Maine
- Women’s Retreats – dates and times to be announced
- On Site Workshops & Seminars – Bring this ancient wisdom to your Studio or community event.
- Gift Certificates
“Like water which can clearly mirror the sky and the trees only so long as its surface is undisturned, the mind can only reflect the true image of the self when it is tranquil and wholly relaxed.”