Come explore with me the ancient wisdom and teachings of Yoga and Ayurveda presented in practical and accessible ways. Learn how to best support your unique mind/body type with foods, herbs, therapies, and daily lifestyle practices. Learn how to age gracefully by making deep, lasting changes that support optimum health. Deepen your connection to your own inner being where true lasting joy and peace reside. Be guided by your own bright light.
(I am committed to providing all of my services to anyone who would like them. If you are unable to pay full price for any of the offerings please contact me to discuss payment options.)
By phone or by appointment in Liberty and Camden Contact for Appointment
Initial Consultation 1 1/2 hours -$125 – Assessment of your unique constitution, health history, digestion, present conditions and concerns. Receive the beginnings of a treatment plan consisting of suggestions for proper diet, lifestyle, daily routines including sleep patterns and meal times as well as yoga practices all designed just for you. Learn about the basic guiding principles of Ayurveda and some of the key areas for creating optimal health. Gain a greater understanding of the nature of who you are and what you need to maintain or return your body and mind to a state of balance. Be empowered to be your own best health care practitioner.
- Come to learn about your unique needs and ways to care for yourself.
- Learn dietary and lifestyle practices best suited for you.
- Learn about the medicinal power of food.
- Address a variety of imbalances including digestion
- Have a personalized yoga program designed for your unique body and mind.
Follow Up Consultations – 1 hour – $75 – Receive more in-depth information and recommendations which may include herbal support as well as other therapies based on the information gathered during the initial consultation.
Wellness Program – $320. for 4 sessions (Save $30!) – This program includes the initial consultation and 3 one hour meetings. During the follow-up appointments we will check in on how things are going and continue to work as a team to design a program suited just for you. The nature of our time together will vary according to your needs and wants. You may wish to focus on skin care or maybe have a cooking class. We may decide a private yoga session is best. We will work together to gently shift imbalances and help you move toward living a happy, healthy life. This is truly the essence and the traditional ways of Ayurveda and Yoga – Individualized, integrated wellness to support your unique mind, body, and spirit. A program is my recommended way of truly moving toward a vibrant, joyful life as it is the small changes made slowly over time that matter the most.
I use organic, herbalized oils and practice in the traditional ways. All Ayurvedic treatments help to release toxins and restore balance to the body, mind, and spirit.
Shirodhara – 40 minutes $80 – Shirodhara is one of the most popular Ayurvedic Spa treatments that balances mind and emotions. This deeply relaxing therapy consists of warm, herbalized oil poured onto the forehead. It is a go to treatment to help ease anxiety, stress, insomnia and disorders of the nervous system. Feel a deep sense of peace and calm while nourishing your hair and scalp.
“I feel compelled to write this testimonial for my dear friend, Deb Keene, after experiencing both Shirodhara and Abhyanga sessions with her today. Just imagine warm oil in copper vessels, fresh blankets, a beautiful healing surrounding, and a loving and skilled practitioner giving you her full attention. These ancient body and energy practices are so whole, nurturing, and balancing. Having experienced a summer of chemotherapy and radiation I can attest to what it is to have a depleted nervous system and traumatized body. I have had years of body work and energy work and I will tell you….these treatments get to the essence of the nervous system like nothing else, and Deb as a practitioner is quite simply as good as it gets.” E.L. Smithfield, Maine
“I am enjoying and truly appreciate Deborah’s support in upgrading my health. Her manner puts you at ease and the suggestions she offers are simple, gentle, and have yielded almost immediate benefit. I look forward to working more with her in the future and would not hesitate recommending her to others”
– P. B. Belfast, Maine
“When I carve out the time to be in your yoga class I always come away more grounded, more connected to my body, with fewer aches and pains and feeling like I have given myself a gift. Your style is perfect for me with your peaceful and skilled approach to the postures, your gentle warm-ups and your words of wisdom.”
Strong ~ Clear ~ Light
A Women’s Program for Strength, Vitality, Balance, and Peace
At the Ayurveda Yoga Center in Liberty, Maine
Be Strong within yourself,
Clear with your path in life and the decisions you make,
and live with your inner Light shining brightly
Dates to be announced
This heart centered program is based upon:
- Yogic practices including postures, breathing techniques, meditation, mantras, mudras, and aromatherapy. Yoga is an essential spiritual component to support us in all ways.
- Improving digestive health and healing the gut. I always address digestive health in my clinical practice. This is a key area for vibrant health and longevity.
- The life enhancing habits of Ayurveda – Sync your daily and seasonal rhythms with Prakriti, Mother Nature. We are a part of her and we need to live according to her ways to be healthy and whole at the fundamental level.
Included in this program:
- Weekly gatherings to discuss the teachings and ways to customize the dietary and lifestyle habits suited to each individual’s needs, and to share our goals, challenges, strengths, and progress.
- A yoga practice designed to release stress from the nervous system, clear subconscious blocks that can stand in the way of making positive habit changes, enhance intuition, balance our energies, and increase prana, our vital life force.
- Ayurvedic Skin Care for a healthy, radiant glow
- Tea will be served along with samplings of herbs, spices, foods, oils, essential oils
- Weekly e-mails
- Handouts with menus, recipes, yogic practices, and more.
I am committed to helping you:
-Connect more deeply to you- to your spirit – so that you are guided from within
-Feel more vibrant
-Live with more joy and ease
Little by little with persistent effort we will move in the direction towards our heart’s desires.Our time together will be relaxing, rich, and deeply nourishing.
For more information or to reserve a place please e-mail email@example.com
or call 207-589-4254.
Here’s to your evolution!
Experience more joy and ease in daily living
Next clinic to be scheduled
I struggled with anxiety for a long time.
One of the reasons I became a yoga teacher back in the 80’s is because I realized my yoga practice was helping me to feel more joy and ease in daily living.
I also know what it is like to live with trauma and post traumatic stress.
I have experienced first hand how debilitating it can be, how our lives in general including our relationships are effected, and how it can keep us from living a vibrant, purposeful life.
And, I now know how it feels to be happy, calm, and content within myself.
Yoga and Ayurveda are India’s gifts to us. Their wisdom helps teach us many things including how be free of the pain and limitations of anxiety and trauma.
I am excited to be able to share what I have learned along the way.
I hope you will join me.
I will cover foods, herbs, daily routines, supplements, therapies, Yoga, and more.
This clinic will include a gentle/restorative practice.
Handouts will be included.
Therapeutics for Stress ~Clinic
Practical tips to improve sleep, digestion, just plain feel better overall.
Dates to be announced
-Are you feeling tired, overwhelmed, or maybe just not quite right?
-Do you suffer from anxiety, depression, sleep problems and/or digestive issues?
-Do you feel that you often make choices that are not right for you?
Please join me as we look at how the body and mind are affected by stress and
what we can do to alleviate it. Learns ways to have calm, vibrant energy,
get deeper rest, and be comfortable in your own skin.
We will cover: the role of diet and lifestyle, how our choices affect our health,
the spiritual origin of stress, and ways to live in alignment with ourselves.
A 45 minute gentle and restorative yoga practice is also included.
Come back home to the truth of who you are.
Vibrant Skin Care Clinic for Women
Next Clinic -date to be announced
One of my favorite offerings! Fun, Experiential, and Informative! My interest in natural health and healing began with skin care when I was 15 years old. My mother and I made facials using ingredients such as milk, honey, oils, and fruits. I will cover skin care for all ages with an emphasis on 40 years and older “Beauty is not in the face. Beauty is a light in the heart.” Kahlil Gibran
What will be covered:
- A look at the Ayurvedic perspective on healthy, radiant skin
- Identify your skin type and learn ways to care for it
- The role inflammation plays in all skin challenges and what we can do about it.
- Dietary guidelines and essential nutrients for any skin type
- The top ten foods for glowing skin
- Yoga postures and breathing practices to support healthy skin tissue.
- The importance of good digestion and how to help regulate the digestive fire.
- A discussion of harmful ingredients commonly found in over the counter skin care products.
- Natural alternatives including oils, essential oils, and vitamins.
- Individual preparations and applications of cleansers and facials with ingredients from the kitchen such as milk, honey, lemon, almond flour, oils, and essential oils and more
“I attended the “Radiant Skin Care clinic” and could not have been more pleased! It was relaxing, fun, and very educational! I learned a great deal about my skin…what certain lines on my face mean in relation to my anatomy, foods to eat and ones to stay away from, skin care tips in general, essential nutrients and herbs, recipes for teas, facials and more! I was able to walk away with a better understanding of my skin and what I need to do to take care of it. . Deborah was a wonderful instructor and teacher…kind, passionate, educational and full of suggestions. I would strongly recommend her to anyone!”
-Haley, Skowhegan, Maine
Seasonal Yoga and Ayurveda Camps –
to Restore Balance and Peace
April, July, and October
(Please see the schedule page for specific dates schedule )
“If you ever want to be right in your life, bring yourself into balance.
The joy of life, the happiness of life, is in balance.”- Yogi Bhajan
Practical Tools for Balanced Living – Seasonal transitions are an opportune time to clear the debris that has collected over the previous months in the body, mind, and emotions, reboot digestion, calm aggravated energies, calm the mind, and just plain shore ourselves up.
Our संघ sangha; “Spiritual community” will gather each morning and begin our journey inwards to “set our house in order” in preparation for the upcoming months.
We will drink tea each morning, eat kichadi, a staple, easy to digest Ayurvedic dish, tend to our digestive fires with teas, herbs and spices.
We will study together my favorite herbs and spices for the current season, the foods, lifestyles and practices that best support us as well as ways to cleanse the ama, or toxins, from the body, mind, and emotions.
Our Yoga practice will consist of rhythmic movements, held postures, restorative practices and yin poses designed to help ground us while we clear aggravated energies, remove the previous season’s toxic buildup from our tissues,
and move us towards finding balance and joy once again.
Our pranayama, breathing practices, will assist us through this transformation process along with mantras, (chants), mudras, (hand gestures) and meditation.
This week long “retreat” is one of my favorite offerings. This integrated way of teaching with a committed group meeting daily is one of the ways that feeds my spirit the most. For the past 18 years, on Friday, the last day of “Camp” we have been reminded of what being in balance feels like.
We arrived at that place together.
I hope you will join me.
Each season will have its own set of studies and practices covering:
- Yoga postures, breathing practices, mantras, mudras, marmas, and meditation
- A discussion of foods, herbs, spices and bodywork practices
- Dietary and lifestyle recommendations
- Natural remedies to address common ailments associated with the specific season
- Teas served daily, along with herbs and foods
- Handouts including recipes will be provided.
- Workshops – covering a variety of topics including vibrant skin care for women, therapeutics for stress, arthritis, back care, anxiety, depression and more. Offering in Liberty,Belfast, and Camden, Maine
- Women’s Retreats – dates and times to be announced
- On Site Workshops & Seminars – Bring this ancient wisdom to your Studio or community event.
- Gift Certificates
“Like water which can clearly mirror the sky and the trees only so long as its surface is undisturned, the mind can only reflect the true image of the self when it is tranquil and wholly relaxed.”